- 1 oz. chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tsp sambal
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 large zucchini (about 4 cups
- 1 ½ lbs. poached chicken breasts, cooled and shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- Using a food processor, rolling pin, or the side of a chef’s knife, crush ½ ounce of peanuts. In a small bowl, mix the crushed peanuts with the sambal and oil until blended.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into thin ribbons to make pappardelle-like noodles. Cut the cucumber into matchsticks (should yield about 2 cups).
- Add peanut sauce and shredded chicken to the noodles, and toss gently with tongs.
- To serve, place 1 cup zucchini noodles and 6 ounces chicken into each bowl. Neatly arrange a ½ cup of cucumber matchsticks on top of each bowl and garnish with about 2 tablespoons of both spring onion and coriander. Sprinkle remaining peanuts on top (about 7 peanut halves or ⅛ ounce) per serving.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEANER, 3 GREEN, 1 HEALTHY FAT, 1 CONDIMENT, ½ OPTIONAL SNACK
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 400 calories, 12g fat, 12g carbohydrate, 59g protein