- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 18 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1½ cups shredded cabbage
- 4 oz. reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp reduced-fat ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare the spaghetti squash; cut each squash in half, remove the seeds, and pulp the strands. Place each spaghetti squash half face down on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until easily pierced with a fork. When the squash is fully cooked, flip in the baking dish so that it is now skin-side down. Lightly scrape the flesh with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands; measure out 4 cups of squash and save any extra for a later meal. Place spaghetti squash shells back on the baking sheet, and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 4 cups of cooked squash with the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff each spaghetti squash shell with half of the mixture, and place the baking sheet back in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.
1 LEANER, 3 GREEN, 1 HEALTHY FAT, 1 CONDIMENT
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS (1 BOAT PER SERVING)
TOTAL TIME: 75 MINUTES
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 400 calories, 49g protein, 18g carbohydrate, 13g fat