Ginger Chicken Congee
- 1¾ lbs. skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- ¼ cup peeled and thinly sliced fresh ginger root
- 4 whole green onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Water, as needed
- 5 cups riced cauliflower
- ¼ cup peeled and finely minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp chili oil
- Combine chicken thighs, thinly sliced ginger, and four whole green onions in a large pot. Cover with water by 1-inch and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside until cool enough to shred. Strain broth, and discard ginger and green onions
- Add cauliflower and simmer until it breaks apart and becomes mushy.
- Add shredded chicken, finely minced ginger, and fish sauce.
- Portion chicken mixture into bowls and garnish with cilantro and thinly sliced green onions. Serve with a small lime wedge and chili oil.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEAN, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 310 calories, 42g protein, 14g carbohydrate, 10g fat