Pesto Salad Pizza
– 1 cup grated cauliflower (2 green)
– 1/4 cup egg beaters (1/8 lean)
– 3/8 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (6g fat/oz) (3/8 lean)
– 1/2 cup basil (1/2 condiment)
– 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese (1 condiment)
– 1 clove of garlic (1 condiment)
– 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (1/2 lean)
– 1 cup shredded Iceberg lettuce (1 green)
– 1 tbsp Walden Farms Ranch Dressing (1/2 condiment)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 1/4 sheet cake pan with parchment paper.
Grate 1 cup of cauliflower and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add 1/4 cup egg beaters, 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese. Mix with a spoon and spread on the parchment. Spread it as thin as possible, avoiding holes in the mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. The crust will be browned and look a bit like a quiche looks on the top.
Meanwhile, pulse the basil, garlic and parmesan in food processor. With the lack of olive oil, the resulting pesto will be a bit grainy rather than smooth like true pesto, but I’m okay with that. I actually prefer it! Remove the baked crust from the oven, spread pesto over the crust and sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella on top.
Return the pizza to the oven under the broiler (500 degrees) until the cheese melts and is bubbly (this happens FAST so watch it carefully!!!) While the cheese is melting, in a small bowl toss the shredded lettuce with the Walden Farms Ranch dressing. Set aside.
Remove from the pizza from the oven, cut into six slices, top with the salad and enjoy!
Recipe makes 1 serving.