Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40-60 minutes
Servings: 1 Leaner | 3 Green |1 Healthy Fat | 3 Condiments
Per serving: 360 calories | 15g fat | 17g carbohydrates | 41g protein
– 1 medium spaghetti squash 4 tsp olive oil, divided
– 1 tsp salt, divided
– 1 tsp pepper, divided
– 2 tsp minced garlic
– 1 lb lean ground turkey
– 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
– 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp basil, divided
– 1 tsp whole leaf oregano, divided 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta
– 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
– 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup shredded mozzarella
Thickly slice the eggplant.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Spray a baking pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare the spaghetti squash. Cut in half, and remove seeds and stringy pulp. Rub one teaspoon olive oil into each squash half and season each with one-quarter teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Place each spaghetti squash half face down in large baking dish and bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until middle is tender and pulls apart easily. 3. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, sauté garlic in remaining olive oil over medium heat until fragrant. Add turkey. Season with one-quarter teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and cook until browned.
4. Add tomatoes, onion powder, and one-half teaspoon each of basil and oregano. When sauce starts to bubble, reduce heat to a simmer until thickened (about three to four minutes).
5. Combine ricotta and cottage cheese in a medium bowl. Season with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Lightly mix until combined.
6. When spaghetti squash is fully cooked, flip in the baking dish so that it is now skin- side down. Lightly scrape flesh with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands.
7. Evenly divide ricotta mixture between each squash half. Repeat with meat sauce. Top each half with one-half cup of mozzarella cheese.
8. Turn oven to broil, and cook for an additional two minutes, until cheese is browned