Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- 1¾ lbs. boneless lean beef chuck, trimmed of fat and cut into fine strips
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups frozen non-starchy vegetable mix, like broccoli & cauliflower
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup sliced chives
- Combine the beef, stock, and salt in a slow cooker, and cook on high for 2 hours until tender.
- Once the beef is tender, add the frozen vegetables and cook for 40 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Garnish the soup with chives and parsley.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS (ABOUT 2 CUPS PER SERVING)
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEAN, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS
Per serving: 280 calories, 12g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 33g protein